Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home. It’s important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking for your new home. If you need help finding a lender, we can recommend several trusted lenders who will provide you with excellent service.
- Price Range – Your lender will calculate what’s they feel is realistic for you before you begin your search. Once you know your price range, we do our best to help you find a home that you love under your maximum budgeted amount!
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you make an offer. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process. Once we help you find the right home for you, we will prepare your written offer. We can help you arrive at an offer that fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted –
Open Escrow – Once an offer is accepted, buyers have 24-48 hours to deposit their earnest money at the Title Company. We will provide guidance and often communicate with the Title Company to make arrangements to pick up the funds at a buyer’s place of employment. Title companies are also moving to make it easier to make deposits online or electronically.
Inspection Period – Once an offer is accepted, the 10-day inspection period begins. We work with several top-notch inspection companies who arrange for both the home and termite inspections. We review the inspection with the buyers and help negotiate any desired repairs.
Appraisal – After the home/termite inspections are completed the lender will order the appraisal.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home and hammered out the repairs and the appraisal, it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on hiring a professional moving company, you will want to select a moving company well in advance of moving day. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility companies of your move!